Handelingen van de Koninklijke Commissie voor Geschiedenis / Bulletin de la Commission Royale d'Histoire vol:178 pages:129-174
The majority of medieval accounts of the so-called cautside, the public pavement service of the town of Brussels, has been lost. Luckily, two documents dating from the 14th century have been preserved. Both are edited in this article: on the one hand the enrolled acounts for the year 1369-1370 and on the other a summary account for the period 1372-1379, which is conserved as an attachment to the urban edict of 22 October 1379. Obviously, the documents contain data on the operation and activities of the cautside itself, but are very interesting for the study of urban immigration, building materials and public works as well.