Enhanced Landfill Mining and the Transition to Sustainable Materials Management location:Houthalen-Helchteren, Belgium date:4-6 October 2010
1. Development of a novel method to efficiently and inexpensively produce a bifunctional adsorbent from MSWI waste residues for:
- SOx/NOx adsorption in flue gas cleaning; and
- Heavy Metal adsorption in wastewater treatment.
2. Full utilization of ‘in-house’ materials (solids and gases) for the synthesis process.
3. Flowsheet design to integrate the processes in a closed loop manner to promote sustainable material cycle (regeneration and recycling).