ITEM METADATA RECORD
Title: Does Paclitaxel-Carboplatin Chemotherapy in a Dose-Dense Regimen Enhance Survival of BRCA-Related Ovarian Cancer Patients?
Authors: Leunen, Karin ×
Cadron, Isabelle
Van Gorp, Toon
Amant, Frédéric
Berteloot, Patrick
Neven, Patrick
Legius, Eric
Vergote, Ignace #
Issue Date: Dec-2009
Publisher: Blackwell Scientific Publications
Series Title: International Journal of Gynecological Cancer vol:19 issue:9 pages:1501-1504
Abstract: In a group of 6 BRCA-related ovarian cancer patients presenting with clinical relapse, paclitaxel-carboplatin (TC) in a dose-dense regimen was administered to evaluate the response and tolerability compared with those of the sporadic group and of the patients using a regimen administered every 3 weeks.All patients were carboplatin sensitive at the time of first relapse: 4 patients showed intermediate sensitivity (6-12 months), and 2 patients were truly carboplatin sensitive (>12 months) at first relapse and first administration of a TC dose-dense regimen. A total of 14 dose-dense regimens were administered in a median 5th line (range, 2nd-10th line). A median of 2 dose-dense regimens (range, 1-4) was given per patient. After first administration of the TC dose-dense regimen (median, 3rd line), this resulted in response in all patients: complete remission in 33% and partial remission in the remaining 67%. Furthermore, after another consecutive line of TC dose-dense regimen, 100% response (75% with partial remission and 25% with complete remission) was reached.The results are encouraging and support the observation of extreme carboplatin sensitivity of BRCA-related ovarian cancer. The use of a TC dose-dense regimen might be even more effective.
ISSN: 1048-891X
Publication status: published
KU Leuven publication type: IT
Appears in Collections:Gynaecological Oncology
Department of Human Genetics - miscellaneous
Section Woman - Miscellaneous (-)
× corresponding author
# (joint) last author

Files in This Item:

There are no files associated with this item.

Request a copy

 




All items in Lirias are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.

© Web of science