Title: Five-year clinical performance of porcelain veneers
Authors: Peumans, Marleen ×
Van Meerbeek, Bart
Lambrechts, Paul
Vuylsteke-Wauters, M
Vanherle, Guido #
Issue Date: Apr-1998
Publisher: Publishers of Books and Periodicals "Die Quintessenz"
Series Title: Quintessence international vol:29 issue:4 pages:211-21
Abstract: OBJECTIVE: The overall clinical performance of porcelain veneers was evaluated at 5 years. METHOD AND MATERIALS: Porcelain veneers were placed on 87 maxillary anterior teeth in 25 patients (19 to 69 years) by a single operator following a standardized clinical procedure. At the 5-year recall, esthetics, marginal performance, vitality, fracture rate, and patient satisfaction were recorded. RESULTS: At recall, 93% of the veneers were satisfactory without intervention. The remaining 7% presented clinically unacceptable problems such as recurrent caries, porcelain fracture, severe clinical microleakage, or pulpal reaction. The retention rate of the porcelain veneers was 100%, and the maintenance of esthetics was perfect. Only 14% of the veneers presented excellent marginal adaptation over the entire outline of the restoration; however, the impact of the slight marginal defects on the clinical performance was negligible. CONCLUSION: Labial porcelain veneers offer a reliable and effective procedure for the conservative treatment of discolored, malformed, and malaligned anterior teeth.
ISSN: 0033-6572
Publication status: published
KU Leuven publication type: IT
Appears in Collections:Biomaterials - BIOMAT
× corresponding author
# (joint) last author

Files in This Item:

There are no files associated with this item.

Request a copy


All items in Lirias are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.

© Web of science