Topographie du sacré. L'emprise religieuse sur l'espace pages:165-175
This article investigates the architectural history of Catholic mission churches in the Belgian Congo (1890-1960) in two movements. In the first part of this article a typology of mission churches in the context of colonial Congo is suggested. In the second part, the building history of 1 church - the main church of the mission station of Mikalayi in the Apostolic Vicary of Kasai - is detailed to show the importance of 'bricolage'. It also presents the mission church as a transnational site influenced by oversees (Belgian) and local forces.